Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Week 2 Peer Review

Skylar:
You’re very good at descriptions – I can really see the things as you describe them in your work. The use of analogies in your work really shows your creative side. You’re able to write about things exactly how they are, which gives the reader a very good idea of where you’re coming from. Especially in “Overbearing Observations”, I really got a feel for your writing. Readers can tell you’re intelligent and organize your thoughts well. The only critique I might have is to possibly analyze a little more – which you definitely do to some extent, it’s not absent. A reader can see what you’re talking about, but they might want to think about it on a little bit of a different level.  
Matthew:
First off, I enjoy the fact that you wrote about Alaska (I grew up in Anchorage). It definitely brings me back. Second, I really enjoy the emotion in your writing. It’s obvious you care about and know a lot about the things you say, and that comes through to the reader. A particular line, from “Describing an Individual,” I really enjoyed: “This aging adds to the beauty of her personality the same way a rich patina adds immeasurably to the beauty of sculpted antiques.” That was definitely heartfelt and sincere, while also adding a great comparison. If I had anything to criticize, it might just be that the “Observing the Countryside” entry was a little too long. There were many interesting observations, but not all of them might have been necessary for one entry. Maybe by picking out the best and most vivid details, it could help the writing run a little smoother.
Chelsee:
Putting the quotes at the beginning of each entry is a really cool way to set the mood for what you’re writing about, I really like it. I also like how much your personality shines through when you write – when you were talking about the “spaghetti vs. macaroni” debate, I almost laughed out loud. Examples like these show your sense of humor and brightness. Your writing is very smooth and fun to read, but my criticism would be to maybe add a little more depth. Possibly a few more analogies or out of bounds observations would add more to your already vibrant writing.
Mariama:
Couldn’t access blog? Said the following when I clicked on the link, and there was no other content really.
You are viewing a feed that contains frequently updated content. When you subscribe to a feed, it is added to the Common Feed List. Updated information from the feed is automatically downloaded to your computer and can be viewed in Internet Explorer and other programs.”

No comments:

Post a Comment