Thursday, February 3, 2011

And We'll Play Crack the Sky

We sent out the S.O.S. call.
When we thought we could run, it was more like a crawl.
And when I decided to get away from it all,
It was less like a crawl and more like a fall.
They call 'em rogues. They travel fast and alone.
You were a rogue, the way your eyes shone.
This conversation, its head has been blown.
And from the beginning, I should have known.
Four months at sea, four months of calm seas.
The tides were so low when they hit my knees.
Although it may seem I’m speaking of the sea,
The matter at hand is you and me.
This story's old but it goes on and on until we disappear,
What we’ve tried to end has become what we fear.
Somehow four months turned into a year.
And who would have guessed we’d still be standing here.
One hundred foot faces of God's good ocean gone wrong.
It was sure to be over, it was all along.
And as we both just tried to be strong,
All I can hear in my head is this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment