Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Week 5 Peer Review

Skylar:
I liked the approach you took in “Water, Sun, and Solitude.” It was interesting how the piece itself was supposed to be generally focused on the beach and vacation aspect, but most of it takes place at the airport and on the plane. It was also good that you added a specific connection to another character, Nick, and explained that connection to the reader. “My Rock” was a very successful piece in the way that you made it extremely personal. You explained everything in such great detail that it made it easy for the reader to relate. The only suggestion I might make for your writing is to maybe take a little more risk; say something that the reader wouldn’t see coming to add an excitement factor.
Matthew:                                        
I think “A Double with Papa” is one of my favorite things you’ve written. It’s so obvious that the story came from so close to your heart, and it gives the reader an instant connection to you. I loved when you wrote, “For me, finding a connection with someone pouring their heart and soul out into words is the closest I will come to finding God in this lifetime.” I can completely relate, and it really drew me even more into the piece. The fact that you can analyze your thoughts into a work like this shows your talent in a whole new light. Whatever place you brought yourself to write this, you should go there more often.
Chelsee:
It was really neat to read about your passionate dream of going to Ireland. I could tell from reading your post that it’s something you really want to do, since you’ve already thought about all of the things you would do while there. I liked the fact that you lent examples of what you would eat and specific places you would go. I would have liked you to maybe have taken just a little bit of a different approach to this piece though; maybe just have arranged it so it was from your point of view when you were actually there, not just thinking about going. It would have seemed a little more real and vibrant to the reader. Still very good work though!

No comments:

Post a Comment