Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Week 3 Peer Review

Skylar:

I really enjoyed your posts this week! “Rationale Affected by Ego - An Autobiography of Nick Miller” was my favorite. You completely got into character of being someone else. The fact that you could abandon your previous writing style for another was very impressive. Also for that post, I like the fact that you added the thought dialogue by using italics. It makes the reader feel even more like they’re in Nick Miller’s brain. “Bumper Meets Knees” was also a very good post, I like the approach you took. You built the scene up with simple events until the very end, when you shock the reader with a terrifying event. At first the reader thinks it’s just about a simple afternoon, but the twist at the end really changes the vibes from the piece, in a good way.  


Matthew:
“The Autobiography of Jeremy V” was a really great post. It kept my attention the entire time, I was constantly guessing what was going to happen. Your description of Steve was humorous and spot-on; I could picture his movements and behavior in my head. “In My Youthful Kitchen” also displayed good writing, the beginning really set the mood for the rest of the post. I also really liked your use of dialogue to bring life to the story. Details through dialogue is one of my favorite ways as a reader to really get into a piece. You get very deep into your stories and always leave the reader satisfied, definitely keep up the good work!
Chelsee:
The post about your childhood kitchen was just adorable. The way you talked about Santa really puts the reader back to that time in your childhood. I also like the fact that in the autobiography post you took a little bit of a different approach than others by giving some factual information on your person. This was very helpful to understand the rest of the post. By adding more specific details though, you can really bring a lot of color to your work. The enthusiasm and idea content are all there, you just need a little more brightness to really make your work shine. Other than that, your topics are always interesting and heartfelt, which is a very enjoyable aspect of reading your work.
Mariama:
Your writing is very personal, and that’s an aspect of it you should never lose. When talking about how you didn’t have a kitchen growing up, I felt very connected to your story by the way you described it. It’s so interesting to see other people’s perspectives who have grown up differently than I have, and I know I’ll enjoy reading your work throughout the semester. One tip I might give you is to interpret your work a little more. Although the straight facts are still interesting, hearing more of your thoughts and emotions towards your subjects will bring your writing to a new level. Taking chances and being brave in writing is what makes it great sometimes; don’t be afraid to push boundaries and your writing will soar. Sometimes it’s hard to find the right words to say, but the honesty of saying exactly what’s on your mind would be really great for these posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment