Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Week 10 Peer Review

John:
The honesty in your reading makes it really funny. I enjoy the fact that you don’t sugar coat things; we’re all adults taking this class and I think everyone should be able to handle a little foul language, in my opinion. Being  blunt and straightforward is the best way to get through to people sometimes, and you accomplish it. Your “Dialogue” post was very entertaining and I could easily see myself observing the situation, and feeling the annoyance you felt at that time. I just noticed a couple of spelling and simple grammatical errors, like run on sentences. Of course these don’t take away from the essence of the story, but just something to look out for.
Kayla:
I can tell you’re very creative by the subjects you choose to write about. They’re situations you’ve obviously thought about and care a lot about, which really comes through in your writing.  Your posts “Mother Knows Best” and “Internet ‘Love’” were not only honest, but very relatable. Sometimes it’s hard to use dialogue in a way that makes it realistic, but you did just that. “Procrastination: The Art for You” was also very interesting, I would have never thought to explain procrastination the way you did, and it was very eye opening. The only little criticism I would have for your pieces is maybe the endings; they tie things up well but somehow don’t resolve the subjects completely. Great work though, I love readying your stuff!
Kimberly:
You’re a very passionate writer, and that’s something I really admire. Every subject you choose is something you really want to talk about and spread the word about, and this is a great way to do it. You’re posts really touch the reader’s, especially last weeks about MS. Your descriptions are amazing, and suck the reader in from the moment they see the first word. I also admired your bluntness in the post about voting, it was honest and sincere. The post about your video game addiction was intriguing,  for the sole fact of the confidence you write with. That’s something to keep a hold of: confidence. It will never fail to make your writing shine. Good job this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment