Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Week 8 Peer Review

John:
Your posts are funny as hell. I enjoy the fact that the way you write is how I can picture you talking in real life. I also appreciate the honesty; a lot of people have trouble writing exactly what comes to their mind, but it’s really adds a lot to your writing. In “Scene from the doctor’s office,” it was great how you added in your thoughts in italics. It gave a real life grasp on the situation. Your post about piercing Michael’s lip was great too, I could see it happening in my head as I read it. One thing I might suggest is to just look out for simple errors in your writing, like punctuation and run on sentences. It’s nothing proofreading won’t fix though. Good posts!
Kayla:
“Tangible Awkwardness” was a great post. The first thing I liked about it was the title, very appropriate and creative. Another thing that was good was the imagery you created. With the subtle details and accuracy of events, you created something that was easy for me to walk through in my head. I actually felt bad for Mike too, even though I wasn’t involved in the situation. One thing I might suggest is to maybe have focused a little more on what you thought of the situation, as to get a little more inside the writer’s head. But other than that, all of your written observations were great and I enjoyed reading it a lot. Good job!
Kimberly:
Your blog posts from last week really showed how sentimental your writing is. You write about what you know and what you care about, which are always going to be good subjects because they come from the heart. Your post about Hermie had me so sad! I didn’t expect such a sad ending at it really tore at my heart. But as a writer, it’s a good thing to tear at the reader’s heart. Your post about Comic-Con was also very entertaining, I’ve never read much about it before so it was cool to hear it told from a true advocate. I actually don’t have any criticism really for your work this week; you followed the prompts and responded in a well written and interesting way. Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment