Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Coachillin'

Sometimes I get in these moods. These analytical, intrusive moods. And during these moods, all I can think about are the things I don’t like about myself. I think of the mistakes I’ve made, the things I should have never said, and the things I didn’t say but I should have. I wonder if people actually like the person I am, or if they say things about me behind my back. I think about if it’s possible to change these things I don’t like, or if I’m stuck the way I am forever. Occasionally I can remind myself of the things I do like, but lately I’ve just been in a funk. When I’m with my friends I can snap out of it, but being alone just really gets to me sometimes. I don’t much like being alone.
As you can probably tell, I needed a little escape. I needed some time to clear my head and some time get my confidence back. This is why I needed Coachella. For those of you who aren’t familiar, Coachella is an annual music festival in Indio, California. Myself and about ten of my friends were going, and I couldn’t have been more excited. Looking back, it was a weekend of no worries and no reality, a weekend of bliss and love and music. It was a time to clear my head and to realize what was really important in life – the air in my lungs, the friends at my side, and the beauty that was surrounding me every single day.
Coachella restored my faith in a lot of things, including myself. It was a weekend of pure happiness, and it reminded me that I was capable of feeling incredible. The whole weekend was people gathered around for the communal love of music and life, and the fact that these kind of things exist gives me faith in everything else. Now that I’m back, I want to keep the good vibes going. Where does feeling bad about myself get me? Nowhere. All I can do is try and be the best person I can be and treat people the way they deserve to be treated. I’m not saying I all of a sudden I love everything about myself, but I’m realizing it’s never too late to change and there’s always enough time to stop and smell the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment