Monday, April 4, 2011

Week 12 Peer Review

John:
I liked that you chose to write about Tyler Perry and the films he makes. I, personally, can’t stand the man or anything that he comes up with, so I was definitely on your side with this one. This piece was very well written in the way you executed and examined Tyler Perry’s main attributions – his slim demographic and the focus on Christianity. I also liked that you pointed out that it’s not his genre that’s wrong and offensive, it’s the way he’s putting it out there. I might have suggested one small thing – that you wrote something about what is appealing (if anything) about his work. Since it keeps being produced, it must have some kind of strange appeal to some people, and exploring that could be interesting.
Kayla:
Your “Memory Cognition Expert” post was hilarious – some kids are just so good at manipulating their parents, a skill I unfortunately never developed either. I liked how you observed and documented it from the sidelines, and this way was able to analyze the conversation from both ends. “Borrowed Passion” was set up very well also. It was interesting to see the blog excerpts from the person you were talking about, it gave the story a more authentic and hands-on feel. I enjoyed the conclusion you came to at the end of this piece – how it’s nice to have people to look up to, but at the end of the day you only need to rely on your own motivations. Great job overall this week, I love reading your stuff!
Kimberly:
Rosie was a very good idol to talk about, and I’m glad you picked someone who stood up for something so strong. This post was also very good in the sense that you explained everything Rosie represented, and then even added in some history of women’s’ rights and the history of women in the workplace. The pictures and video were a nice touch as well, adding some imagery to the subjects at hand. I also enjoyed the Star Wars vs. Star Trek piece; it was a real eye opener to someone like me who doesn’t know very much about either of them. Now I can sound educated about the matter if it ever comes up in conversation! The interview with Alexander Thomas was intelligent and appropriate, and made the writing have substance. Good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment