Monday, April 11, 2011

Week 13 Peer Review

John:
“Staying Out of the Way” was very different from anything I’ve ever read from you before. It really shone through as a milestone in your work. Instead of being humorous and sarcastic, it was dark and thought provoking. I enjoyed seeing a different tone in the way you describe things. “Injustice” was also a more serious piece that created a very specific disposition. While reading this, it was easy for me to put myself in the little boy’s situation. I also felt sympathetic towards the boy while reading, and it’s always good to evoke emotion from your reader. The tone in “Injustice” might have been a little harsh for talking about a little boy near the end, though, but your overall job this week was great.
Kayla:
I loved your post “Pure Intelligence.” First off, the idea of cognitive dissonance is interesting in itself, so good job choosing that as a topic. Second, the ending to the story was priceless. I loved how the entire time the teacher was playing it off. There’s no better way of teaching than hands-on. “Invisible Gag” was extremely sad but extremely well written. It definitely evoked a lot of emotion with me and made me feel very sad for the characters involved. The ending to this piece left me hanging a little too much though; I wish the problem in the story would have been resolved to some point. Other than that, your work has a lot of emotional investment and thought put into it. Keep up the good work!
Kimberly:
“You Say You Want A Revolution” was an extremely eye opening piece. I liked that you chose to write about something that truly mattered to you. The fact that you added pictures and gave information about the No-Kill Movement made the whole matter very tangible and easy for the reader to relate to emotionally. "You shouldn't have to pay for your love with your bones and your flesh..." had a very powerful message behind it. Sometimes in writing it’s good to make people uncomfortable, because at least that way you’re getting through to them. That’s what you did with this piece, and it was very successful. I admire your ability to throw yourself into every prompt on a deep and intellectual level, it really makes for a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment