Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week 14 Peer Review

John:
“The Boring Job” entertained me a lot. I could tell you were enjoying writing about things you knew a lot about, and enjoying looking back on fond memories. It was crazy to hear that you actually operated machinery under the influence of these illicit substances and lived to tell the tale. These kind of insane experiences make for great writing, and this was definitely one of your most interesting tales. I’d have liked to hear certain details though, possibly your trippiest moment on the job. Your analysis of graphic novel memoirs had a lot of thought put into it. I also liked the fact that you were very honest in analyzing this form of writing and didn’t try and hide what you really thought.
Kayla:
“Orange Baseball” was a heartwarming piece that showed how close you are to your family. It was nice to read about a family tradition that you all obviously hold dear. Even though it’s a monotonous job, you added a sense of fun to it by showing the little tiffs and quirks that go along with it. I especially liked seeing the pictures that went with this post; it really added a nice visual to the story. I also really liked your analyzation of comic book memoirs. All of your points made a lot of sense when critiquing the particular style and I agree with almost all of what you said. I might have gone a little more into detail on the things you thought were good about this style though; there are a lot of positives to this kind of storytelling.
Kimberly:
“Tales From Your Neighborhood Grocery Deli” was a great piece. Your descriptions of everyone you work with were spot on – I could picture each person in my head as you wrote about them. The way you described your emotions in this post was really great as well. I know exactly how it is to be fed up at work, and you really nailed that feeling. I also liked how at the end you threw in a shocker about your previous customer going crazy; it really added a twist to the story. I agree with your interpretation about graphic novel memoirs. It’s a great way to get the point across about autobiographical feelings. One thing that might have added to this post is looking at the negatives, though. Are there any drawbacks to this kind of storytelling, or is it all positive?

No comments:

Post a Comment